What is #4 Restore?
#4 Restore is a vitamin and nutrient-rich serum, packed full of antioxidants and anti-inflammatories to help restore your skin's cellular function.
Antioxidants protect our cells from the oxidative damage caused by aging, pollution, toxins and even normal metabolism. They are essential in every anti-aging regime. Just like your diet needs a mix of healthy beneficial nutrients, so does your skin.
This serum has been developed using a proprietary cold processing system that avoids heating during the manufacturing process. This helps maintain the raw nature and potency of its ingredients.
- Niacinamide or Vitamin B3 is a multifunctional vitamin that helps improve skin dryness, oiliness and clarity.
- Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate or Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant that assists in promoting the skin’s natural condition and balance.
- Ferulic Acid is another powerful antioxidant which helps increase the stability and potency of Vitamin C.
- Peptides and Phenyl t-Butylnitrone - also known as spin trap - are diverse molecules that perform multiple functions important for optimum skin health.
- Lactic Acid or Alpha Hydroxy Acid is an ingredient that promotes skin turnover (exfoliation) and improves skin texture.
- NO parabens, sulphates, PEGS,TEA,DEA, mineral oils, petrochemicals and artificial fragrance.
If you'd like to know a bit more about the ingredients used in this serum's formulation, you can download the full ingredient list here.
Who is it for?
This serum is suitable for all skin types. Its lightweight, hydrating properties will help your skin stay clear and free of breakouts; while its nutrient-rich formula is designed to revitalise and strengthen your skin's dynamic boundary.
The texture is usually lighter than a moisturizer, which allows for it to be used as a stand-alone product for someone with oilier skin, or used under a moisturizer for someone with normal to dry skin.
How to use it
Apply this serum after cleansing your face. For best results, Dr Gray recommends using #4 Restore twice a day - apply it once in the morning and once at night.
Apply a single pump of serum each time. Serums are usually formulated with a higher concentration of active ingredients so that a few drops are sufficient to cover the entire face. #4 Restore normally lasts for about two months.
What to expect
#4 Restore has a nice, almost almond-like, sweet smell. It absorbs almost immediately into your skin without leaving any greasy residue, settling in nicely before layering it with other products. This serum is super hydrating, and leaves your skin with a fresh, dewy glow.
The pump on the bottle makes the product come out perfectly and helps preserve the integrity of the actives by minimizing exposure to air.
"Having used this product for at least four weeks, I do notice some improvement in texture and radiance, but am still anxious to see what benefits it will continue to provide. My pores appear smaller and my skin is more hydrated. I don’t feel as dehydrated and can see a bit of plumpness coming back into my skin." - Teresa G