What is #4 Restore Serum?
#4 Restore Serum is an antioxidant-infused hit of retinal that can be used both day and night. This powerful form of Vitamin A sloughs away dead skin cells and stimulates collagen production – helping to reduce the appearance of hyper-pigmentation, fine lines and wrinkles.
Packed with peptides, plant stem cells, vitamins, and antioxidants, this serum will start showing signs of improvement in your skin's health and appearance in less than 4 weeks. It boasts an abundance of botanicals from New Zealand, such as moisture-retaining Manuka honey, that are cold pressed to preserve the original molecular structure.*
Balanced tone. Luminous crest.
The serum combines R-ABC DYNAMIC COMPLEX science with potent ingredients to deliver remarkable results in less than 4 weeks.
- Stabilized: _New Zealand Red Algae (Astaxanthin) slows oxidation and degradation, while UV stabilizing the product for day and night use.
- Stronger: _We use Retinaldehyde–it's more stable and stronger than Retinol, and is better tolerated by the skin.
- Boosted: _Plant-based Bakuchiol has the benefits of Vitamin A without the typical associated sensitivities–plus it boosts the function of the Retinaldehyde.
- Retained Power: _Finally, we blend our formulations ‘raw’ so no ingredients are deactivated like they are through the excessive heating ‘emulsification process’ required in traditional skincare.
Key ingredients include peptides for inhibiting expression lines, acetyl octapeptide-3, and firming tripeptide-1. Vitamins B3 (niacinamide) and B5 (panthenol) firm and clarify the skin while sodium ascorbyl phosphate, a stable form of vitamin C, boosts collagen production. The formula is fortified with antioxidant-rich ferulic acid and spin traps.*
- Niacinamide (Vitamin B3): This multifunctional vitamin improves skin dryness, oiliness and clarity.
- Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate (Vitamin C): Vitamin C has powerful antioxidant activity that assists in promoting the skin’s natural condition and balance.
- Ferulic Acid: This powerful antioxidant increases the stability and potency of Vitamin C. Peptides and Phenyl t-Butylnitrone (spin trap): These diverse molecules perform multiple functions important for optimum skin health.
- Lactic Acid (Alpha Hydroxy Acid): Promotes skin turnover (exfoliation) and improves skin texture.
- NO parabens, sulphates, PEGS,TEA,DEA, mineral oils, petrochemicals and artificial fragrance.
Who is it for?
This formulation is gentle enough for even the most sensitive skin. It uses Retinaldehyde, a more stable and stronger ingredient than Retinol, which is better tolerated by the skin.
How to use it
Use #4 Restore Serum as directed after cleansing and toning your face in the evening. This formulation has a light and pleasant smell, and a silky, lightweight texture. The serum absorbs easily without leaving any heavy or greasy residue. For optimum results, follow up with a night treatment after the serum has fully absorbed into your skin.
#4 Restore Serum comes in an airless pump for sanitation and to preserve the potency of the ingredients.
To get the maximum benefits from this night treatment Dr Gray recommends pairing it with the #1 Prepare Cleanser, #2 Fortify Day and #3 Protect SPF30. Find out more about these products here.
What to expect
This is a very gentle preparation, which once dry on your skin, should not leave any residue. It is designed to wear under makeup and/or any other product you may be using.
“Retinal was reinvented in 2016 with new delivery systems that render it gentler yet still effective. Personally, I’m in love with Ao Skincare Rewind that also includes one of my favourite antioxidants, astaxanthin."